How do I get that heavy barbell over my head?
It’s 80% mindset, 20% muscle.
I wasn’t always a winner. Heck, I was a loser for decades.
A sugar addict and junk food junkie for 45 years, I shouldn’t be alive today. My epitaph would have read “Death by doughnuts and Dove Bars.”
Twenty years ago, overweight and desperate, I began studying the mindset of Olympic athletes, Navy SEALs, and Greek philosophy. I developed a unique mental toughness program to beat my sugar addiction once and for all. Wow, did I get results!
Today I am 20 years sugar free and winning in many areas of my life.
May I brag for a sec?
- I’m a Navy SEAL certified “Unbeatable Mind” coach. I train with the SEAL community monthly to sharpen my mental toughness and fitness skills.
- I’m 20 years sugar-free (and junk food too). Yep! No cookies, cakes, ice cream since 2000.
- Won a Gold medal in Olympic Weightlifting and qualified for the world championships twice, at age 64.
- Endorsed by Oprah, Rachel Ray, and Barbara Walters.
- A Google 5 star professional keynote speaker.
A little more about me:
- I’m an avid practitioner of transcendental meditation and breath work – fundamental for living a calm, confident life.
- I CrossFit and swim on a USA Masters swim team.
- I’m a passionate Yogi – namaste!
- On my cheat day, I devour blue corn chips, guac and an IPA craft beer. Mmmmmm….
- My fave rock band ever – Allman Brothers.
- First on my bucket list – visiting all of America’s national parks.
Actually, I lied.
I am not 100% sugar-free
Here are two sweets I devour often:
“Mr. Almond Joy”, my grandson Archie.
Cookie, my rescue dog.